Wednesday 2 October 2013

GR 54 - Grenoble

After I had finished the HRP I decided it would be fun to hitchhike back to Holland. After a cooling down period of 7 days in Barcelona (which was near the endpoint of the HRP, so why not right?), I headed towards home.

As luck would have it I found someone who was going towards Grenoble pretty soon. It was a bit out of the way but I figured I might as well go since I've never been there. The guy who drove me told me all about what kind of city it was and it seemed like a nice place to stay for a day or 2. One thing led to another and I decided to stay in Grenoble for an extra day and look for hiking routes in the area.

I soon found out about the GR 54. A circle route going around one of the big 4000 meter high mountain areas which the Alps is known for. It was the "massif des Écrins".

The route was fairly easy going, and a little bit to much roadwalking for my taste, but quite nice nevertheless. It took me about 7 days. The temperature was quite hot which made it a little hard, but luckily there where plenty of villages along the way with water springs. I also saw a bunch of people riding on donkey's on the trail, which was surprising.

All together a nice trail, but I don't think I will be back to this region soon.

I will upload pics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment