Sunday 8 April 2012

Preparations in Atlanta


So I've been staying in Atlanta for 4 days and it's been really nice. I met a lot of friendly people here and was able to relax before beginning the A.T. (appalachian trail). I also met Andreas here. He's also doing the A.T. What suprised me is that he is not from the states but from Denmark. Apparently more Europeans are as crazy as I am.

He still had to buy some equipment so we ventured to the REI (big outdoor store) which was a good thing for me because it turned out I had forgotten a couple of items which he kindly pointed out for me. Other then that this is the first time in the states for the both of us so needless to say everything was very....impressive.

Atlanta was a nice city to relax in and the people seem very nice. When I got here I couldn't quite figure out which way to go but suddenly a man who proudly named himself "homeless Joe" gave me directions to the hostel. Tourist wise Atlanta doesn't go much further then Cola Cola World (which i can recommend avoiding at all cost), but this gave me time to get everything organized.

Tonight I will be staying at a hostel near the start and I will officially start the trail on monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment